I love this. I did this as a workshop last Spring at a High Tea in my Goddess Garden. The ladies all loved it! I thought I’d post it as my Friday blog because with Spring here we all want to look, feel, and be our best. Enjoy!!!
YOUR ‘GODDESS’ GLAMOUR
Spring – a time of rebirth.
What better time to re-invent ourselves to our best self.
As this season is associated with blossoming we can set our intentions to bring into blossom our most beautiful and Goddess-like self.
No matter what our beliefs and paths, we all carry the spark of the divine within
As we are females the Goddess or Goddesses of old comes readily to mind when I think about showing forth my best and most beautiful self. The positive aspect of being Diva is also a picture of a woman that is gorgeous and powerful; talented and creative.
We women fulfill many roles. We are daughters, wives, mothers, lovers, friends, sisters. We are caregivers, doctors, nurses, teachers, nurturers, and administrators. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.
In order to be accomplished and succeed in these roles we use different tools. Some of the tools we use are outward, such as education and training; other tools are tools that we develop within ourselves, such as dignity, good character, etc.
Today I want to talk about a tool that is familiar to all of us but not quite in the way we might first imagine. That tool is Glamour. The dictionary defines Glamour as: the quality of fascinating, alluring, or attracting, esp. by a combination of charm and good looks. 2. excitement, adventure, and unusual activity (the glamour of being an explorer). 3. magic or enchantment; spell, witchery. 4. suggestive or full of glamour; glamorous.
Today I’d like to speak about glamour as being all of these, especially when pertaining to ourselves as women and Goddesses. Have you ever seen someone who just seemed to sparkle? Have there been days when you know you look your best, feel your best and that people really notice you? What did that look and feel like?
All of us can be glamorous, we are all beautiful women created by the divine source of the universe. We carry that same divine spark within us. The ability to really sparkle is also within each of us. Remember, Goddess does not make junk. She sees each of us as Her beautiful and amazing daughters.
How can we let out that divine spark; that glamorous sparkle that seems so like magic? How do we shine forth our best selves for ourselves and others?
1. First and most important, maintain a vibrant connection to the Divine, however you see Her/Him.
2. Know Yourself – Yes this takes time and work
3. Love Yourself – Warts and all
4. Change that negative self talk to positive self-love
5. Decide what face you want to show to the world (remember Your best self) how does your best self look, hold herself, walk, talk, dress, treat others. (You only need to please yourself).
6. Create a picture of that Goddess-self in your minds eye. You can also make a collage, choosing images that reflect that sparkle you want to put forth.
7. Feed yourself – that means fill yourself with good and positive thoughts, words, actions. Use affirmations, they really do help!
8. Treat yourself like the Goddess you are! Nurture and take care of yourself!
When we see ourselves and treat ourselves like Goddesses we are like sparkling beings in this world. We, in fact, work the magic of creating ourselves with Goddess’ help and in doing so we honor Her with our lives. I call this living a magical life!
“I am an amazing daughter of Goddess/God. I walk in beauty and shine like the stars that sparkle above.”
“I radiate love and beauty each and every day.”
“I feel beautiful and fully at my best today and everyday.”
“I am Goddess, thou art Goddess.”